LET ME HELP YOU MAKE THE CHOICES that will empower you to leap over the hurdles that get in the way of living your best life. We can live a healthier better quality of life and have a deliciously great time doing it!
Chef LaLa, is an accomplished chef, cookbook author, food stylist, food consultant, certified nutritionist, and motivational speaker. With her creative talents and training, this first generation Latina dynamo is making waves in food, nutrition, health, and lifestyle.
LaLa has devoted her life to her three passions. First, above all else is her family and her son Maddox. But when she is working, she is devoted to mastering and refining the art of cooking, and to educating communities about how to enjoy cuisine in a healthy way.It is a lifestyle, not a diet, LaLa says. LaLa developed her love of food in her family’s restaurants. She then attended the famous Le Cordon Bleu and studied the intricacies of global cuisine. LaLa has been an expert on Discovery Health National Body Challenge, America Now, National Univision Despierta American and Dale con Ganas - The Biggest Loser, Mom Ambush, Telemundo, De Todo Un Poco and most recently on Fox's hit Show THE REAL. LaLa has appeared as a guest on the Today Show, Martha Stewart, Dr. Oz, CNN, CW Network, ABC, CBS, Telemundo, Univision and more.
• Certificat en Cuisine Traiteur, Le Cordon Bleu (Paris)
• Diploma in Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Program, SCSCA, Le Cordon Bleu (Los Angeles)*
• Master Food Stylist, Culinary Entrepreneurship Program, Food Fanatics
• Certified Fitness Nutritionist, Exercise & Nutrition Works, Inc.
• Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist, National Exercise and Sports Trainers Assoc.
• Certified Kid’s Nutrition Specialist, Exercise & Nutrition Works, Inc.
• Professional Certificate in Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness, and Sports, San Diego State University
• Diabetes Self Management Specialist Certificate Candidate, Penn State/ Arizona State/ Central Arizona College
• Child Nutrition Management, National Food Service Management Institute, University of Mississippi.
• Audited course, The Epidemic of Obesity, UCLA
• Lifestyle Medicine: Prescribing Exercise Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Lifestyle Medicine: Weight Management Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Lifestyle Medicine: Nutrition and the Metabolic Syndrome, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Lifestyle Medicine: Osteoporosis, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Lifestyle Medicine for Stress Management, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Thyroid Nodule Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Managing Type 2 Diabetes: A Clinical Challenge, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Management of Hyperlipidemia, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Genetics: Familial Hypercholesterolemia, Harvard Medical School
• Genetics: Maturity Onset Diabetes of Young, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Medicine: Celiac Disease,: Diagnosis and treatment, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Medicine: Diabetes, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Medicine: Anemia, Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) Certificate, Harvard Medical School
• Diabetes & Nutrition Education (ongoing)
LaLa’s first book titled Latin Lover Lite was widely popular and sold out its first printing. Her second book, Best Loved Mexican Cooking with Chef LaLa, was released in expanding on her expertise in creating ethnic cuisine with all the traditional flavors, sans the fat. LaLa’s Yummy for your Tummy book was designed with First 5 to help young children grow up healthy and do well in school and in life innovative programs and services designed to help young children grow up healthy and do well in school and in life
As a certified nutritionist, with special interest in the obesity and diabetes crisis in urban America, LaLa is focused on inspiring families to live healthier lives. As someone who has struggled with her own weight, especially after her first child, LaLa knows the challenges women face. As a result, she is able to motivate and inspire her audience in a personal way to accept their bodies and try their best everyday.
Over the years, LaLa has supported health and multicultural health education through her work as the spokesperson for the American Diabetes Foundation and the NBA Fit as well as with the following organizations:
The American Diabetes Association
American Heart Association
Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
School Garden Network
Para Los Niños
Step Up Network
Speaking of Women’s Health
Step Up Network Mentoring program
Cancer Association — Susan G. Komen Foundation
First 5 California
Five a Day
The Culinary Institute of America
Power Women Power Tools, and
the Sheriff Department V.I.D.A. program.
LaLa has received numerous awards and her recognition for her work as a Latina business woman and for her community service:
Joselin Institute of Health, Latino Initiatives at Harvard Medical School (2012 honoree)
American Diabetes Association, Community Spirit Award In recognition for your unparalleled dedication and willingness to utilize your platform to change lives through education and to Stop Diabetes in the Hispanic/Latino Community (2011)
The NAWBO Inspiration Award (2008)
MAOF National Hispanic Woman of the Year Award (2008)
Macy’s ‘Community Star Award (2007)
General Mills’ ‘Corazon de Comunidad’ (Heart of the Community (2007)
LBWA Latinas in Business Award (2006)
Whether she’s teaching nutritious cooking at the National Association of Medical Hispanic Professionals, a community event, or on a TV show, or promoting her line of healthy and authentic Latin meal solutions, LaLa is on fire with her desire to share everything she has learned to make peoples lives healthier and happier — one meal at a time.